With the TAVI.02 NELA offers an extremely powerful inspection system that features 2 glass tables and which allows for a highly precise examination of the parts from all sides. In addition to this, the TAVI.02 features an automatic part orientation identification which guarantees an efficient inspection of parts with asymmetrical sides.
Many types of rubber seals as well as precision parts made of metal or plastic, which are used in the highly sensitive areas of the automobile and aerospace industries, have to meet exceptional quality standards.
The parts are automatically brought into the inspection system by a customized feeder and are placed onto the first glass table. The upper side of the parts is then inspected by different sensor units that are always customized to meet each customer's specific requirements. Parts that are classified as "bad" on table 1 are immediately sorted out. All other parts are flipped over and are placed onto the second inspection table, where the other side of the parts is inspected.
Since both sides of your parts are inspected directly from above and not through a glass table, TAVI.02 delivers extremely precise inspection results.
Your advantage with NELA:
NELA Brüder Neumeister distinguishes itself through a solid development and production expertise in the fields of mechanics, automation and image processing.
TAVI.02 can be equipped with a variety of different sensors, all with the accuracy of ± 1μm:
- DIMension uses transmitted light in combination with a telecentric lens to inspect the part dimensions
- TOPside defect detection on the upper face side
- IN/OUTside multihead sensors for surface inspection on all lateral surfaces
- HEIGHTinspection measures the exact height of the part with a telecentric lens
- 3Dconcheck contour measurement
- HARD/SOFT checks whether the part is hardened through eddy currents
TAVI.02 is suited for a broad range of punched and fineblanked parts, which are typically used in many industries.
The part sizes that can be inspected in the TAVI.02 system range from 3,0 mm up to 80,0 mm (OD / diagonal).
The measurement accuracy is ± 1 µm and the throughput amounts to up to 36.000 parts per hour.
The field of application of this optical inspection and sorting system rincludes washers, rings, castings, lock parts, levers, tooth segments and many other shapes and forms.
Technical information at a glance
- Inspection and sorting system with 2 glass tables
- Dimensional check and defect inspection on all surfaces (top, bottom, lateral)
- Equipped with up to 9 customer-specific sensor units
- Throughput up to 36.000 parts per hour
- Optimized for part sizes from OD 3mm - 80mm
- Measuring accuracy from ± 1μm
- Sorting of inspected parts into up to 8 sorting channels
- Robust machine design and use of high-quality technical components
- Powerful multi-core processors for very high inspection speeds
- Closed design for maximum cleanliness inside the inspection system; this is a requirement for many applications in the medical packaging industry
- Glass table calibration and temperature compensation for maximum measurement accuracy
Geometrical measurements on your punched or fine blanked parts are carried out by high-resolution telecentric camera systems.
Measurement of dimensions such as height, diameter, wall thickness, distances, depths and angularity of your parts is effected by our DIMension and HEIGHTmeasure sensor units.
For complex measuring tasks we also supply 3D-scanners.
The optical sensors in the TAVI.02 feature several illumination levels that are adjustable. Thanks to the optimized illumination, these sensors detect even the smalles surface defects on your rubber and plastics components. All camera systems used in the sensors are high-resolution and work with gray value differences.
The TOPside sensors allow for a targeted surface defect inspection on the face side of your parts, while the OUT and INside sensors assure a highly precise inspection of the lateral sides.
All sensors used in our systems have been developed by ourselves and guarantee a very high resolution of all sides of your parts. The sensors detect defects such as deformation, scratches, dents cracks & fissures, dirt, flashes, grooves, contour defects and many other typical defects.